Stamping Shop Supervisor
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$80,000 – $120,000 a year
Responsible for the supervision of the Machine Shop. This position is accountable for delivery, performance, manufacturing costs, product conformance and departmental budget performance by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides supervision for an organization that includes machinists, leads, administrative, clerical, planning, and programming.
- Manages machine shop workload so as to maintain level loading and minimize overtime.
- Reviews time standards and makes necessary adjustments to manufacturing work instructions and WDS database.
- Prepares and updates manufacturing work instructions as required.
- Responsible for regular maintenance and repair of all equipment in the department.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interprets company policies for workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Sets up machines and equipment.
- Ability to perform activities of workers supervised.
Directly supervises up to 20 employees in the Machine Shop. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Additional duties include; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees. Timekeeping; Labor efficiency; job assignment; production control; work distribution.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ability to set up Punch Presses and Materials; Operate shop equipment; Deburr parts; Coordinate Tool Maintenance. Identify tooling requirements to meet schedules and insure tooling is available for production. Participate in process improvement efforts with Manufacturing Engineering and Supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 15+ year experience in Sheet Metal fabrication environment, setting up and operating Punch Presses.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as: blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write and understand basic reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics
Ability to apply common sense and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to work well with others
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms while working on the department machines and using precision measuring equipment. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb and balance, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.