Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
$73,000 – $110,000 a year
Responsible for developing and implementing assigned sections of the quality Assurance Program. Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and writes procedures to implement the Quality Assurance Program complex audits to determine compliance with the Quality Assurance Program.
- Develops and implements training programs for inspectors, and trains Manufacturing personnel on quality issues.
- Analyzes problems, takes corrective action to prevent recurrence, and evaluates its effectiveness. Communicates corrective action to customers as required.
- Reviews customers Request for Proposal for Quality Assurance Requirements against the PTI Quality Assurance Program and provides input for proposals.
- Prepares the more difficult quality plans to assure that all customer contractual quality requirements are satisfied.
- Works with customer Q.A. Representatives to resolve complex problems, and provide assistance as required.
- Works with other departments on complex Quality Assurance issues.
- Performs special assignments as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Participates on Project Teams as required.
- Obtains necessary documentation for Project Teams as required – such as Engineering drawings, bills of Material, First Article Inspections, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year accredited college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable previous work experience within Quality Assurance required, preferably at the Quality Engineer level. General knowledge of military and commercial Aerospace Quality Assurance Systems and Procedures.
- Specific experience with one or more of the following specifications; MIL-Q-9858, MIL-I-45208, MIL-STD-1520,
- MIL-STD-45662, Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Part 21.203, NASA Handbook 5300.1, IS09001, Boeing D1-9000 or QS 9000.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations or the predecessors (DAR and ASPR) Working knowledge of geometric (ABSI Y-14.5)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficient with personal computer and the Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Quality Engineer desirable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; -ach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oxnard, CA 93030: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality assurance: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location