Senior Contract Administrator
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$65,625 – $109,375 a year
Responsible for ensuring that Contracts with customers are fulfilled satisfactorily and that favorable relationships with customers are maintained. Acts as an account manager for customers on production programs. Collaborates with Sales and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to all telephone and written Purchase Orders and Contracts. Interprets requirements and processes sales orders.
- Answers a broad range of general questions regarding the company and its products.
- Prepares, submits and follows up on quotations for customers including reviewing cost estimates. Collaborates with Sales Manager in developing profit position and competitive selling price.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to develop and maintain Sales forecasts.
- Achieves or exceeds bookings and goals margins for assigned product lines.
- Maintains direct contact and interfaces with customers.
- Prepares and submits company proposals and supporting data, where applicable, negotiates contracts in accordance with management guidelines and procedures, and prepares minutes of negotiation.
- Monitors contract performance and provides status with regard to hardware delivery and other contractual obligations. Prepares correspondence and transmits contract data submittals and other customer-required reports and documents.
- Reviews, interprets and negotiates terms and conditions in accordance with company acceptable provisions.
- Acts as administrative liaison between customer and intercompany department personnel; chairs contract reviews and support customer audits.
- Maintains contract files to assure that all orders, change orders, schedules, correspondences, data submittals, and all other pertinent documents are retained in active files through the completion of all contractual obligations.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other department personnel.
- Works as a team with Program Sales & Marketing Managers to manage and administer major programs and develop account sales. Controls, tracks, prices, and negotiates changes, participates in preliminary and critical design reviews, meetings with customers, and internal program reviews, and maintains direct contact, and interfaces with customers.
- Takes a proactive role in managing customer “scorecards” wherein PTI’s customers track and report back to PTI on PTI’s on-time delivery performance and quality. The Senior Contracts Administrator shall hold internal meetings, with other PTI personnel, to understand what took place, and what needs to be changed in order for PTI to meet its commitments. Such meetings are an essential part of the corrective action process to change PTI’s practices to achieve on-time delivery performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year accredited college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of accredited Contract Administration courses or equivalent experience. Previous experience in the administration of complex government and commercial contracts.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Aerospace experience is a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of basic commercial and government contract terms including DoD regulations (FAR/DFARS provisions).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of order processing procedures, systems, and controls.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make independent decisions within delegated authority.
- Proficient with personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.