PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$86,250 – $143,750 a year
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within the area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate design engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and analyzes customer specifications for design and qualification of hydraulic components and filter elements and modules for Aerospace
- Coordinates engineering programs and prepares technical proposals, schedules and estimates Coordinates all related activities from conceptual design through the first phase of manufacturing. Responds to customers’ technical inquiries.
- Prepares and presents technical
- Plans and formulates engineering programs and organizes project staff according to project requirements. Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer
- Contract requirements, and related
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test
- Directs integration of technical activities and
- Evaluates and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports and maintains a log of all projects assigned.
- Also performs duties as a Design Engineer including;
- Develops weight, stress and performance analysis and comparison analysis of existing and new products
- Interfaces with Designers and Test Technicians, Production personnel, Suppliers, Marketing and Sales personnel, or others on engineering issues.
- Participates in analyzing failed parts and makes recommendations and plans of
- Prepares layout of new or old designs as needed and makes drawings of detailed parts and Performs other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college or university; and five to seven years of experience in Aerospace design and manufacturing environments. Three to five years of design experience in hydraulic components for aircraft. A Master’s Degree (M.S.M.E.) may be substituted for three years of work experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modem algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES The following computer skills are required: ProE, Microsoft
Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Projects. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.