Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate design engineers.
- A BSME Mechanical Engineering degree or higher is preferred.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in Product Design Stress analysis including both hand calculations and FEA.
- Familiarity with mechanical designs, forgings and castings.
- Strong CAD skills in SolidWorks/Pro-e GD&T (ASME Y14.5) and stack up analysis.
- Experience with trend and statistical analysis including Bayesian inference, Welbull, experience in preparation of plans, analyses, reports, and related documents in the fields of reliability, maintainability.
- Good concept sketching and rendering skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be:
- Customer focused and deadline driven.
- Resourceful and unrelenting.
- Capable of multi-tasking and have the self-drive to get things done on schedule.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prepare plans with detailed drawings that include project specifications and cost estimates.
- Design execute engineering experiments to create workable solutions
- Develop engineering calculations, diagrams and technical reports.
- Perform stress (FEA) / Reliability analysis as need basis.
- Complete required technical and regulatory documents.
- Ensure projects are completed on-time and within the specified budget.
- Present analysis results and project solutions to technical leads, senior leaders and clients as necessary.
- Experience in supporting programs from proposal to preliminary design review and critical design review.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university: and five to seven years’ experience in Aerospace design and manufacturing environments. Three to five years design experience in hydraulic components for aircraft. Master’s Degree (M.S.M.E) may be substituted for the three years of work experience.
PTI Technologies has Federal Defense contracts and must abide by ITAR laws. Because of the ITAR laws all candidates must be a US Person.