Oracle Applications Administrator
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$73,125 – $121,875 a year
Responsible for administering the day-to-day requirements of the Oracle ERP system and mentoring the group using strong leadership skills and hands-on instruction. The Oracle Applications Administrator must advise on the direction of the global Active Directory environment, assist in interacting with vendor relationships and ensure that technology projects stay on budget and on time. Weekly incident reviews and daily change management membership is required to conform to enhance our ITIL-based environment.
Provide assistance to leadership that will help drive the planning, design, development, implementation and support of technology solutions using the Oracle E-Business Suite of products. This includes collaborating with senior executives to identify and deliver the appropriate technology solutions in support of strategic company objectives. Also responsible for maintaining the IT business relationship for key business functions. These areas include Finance, Accounts Payable, Supply Chain, Retail, Procurement and Inventory. This individual will work with the senior managers to identify, prioritize, manage and deliver the approved IT project portfolio to realize business objectives. This individual will apply proven administration, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of Oracle and IT systems investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with managers and senior leadership to identify technology solutions that will deliver the targeted business benefits.
- Educate and consult with business partners to champion their interests within the IT organization.
- Assist the Dir. Of IT in maintaining IT business relationships for all areas related to the use of Oracle software and systems.
- Lead cross-functional team in developing and implementing a vision in this area. This will include providing leadership and mentoring in reviewing business requirements, adding new functionality to business applications and maintaining existing applications.
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap for Oracle E-business Suite of software.
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and how to execute multiple projects.
- Conduct research into emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential problem areas with Oracle systems across the organization.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Primary Skills: Oracle Forms, Reports, Conversions and Interfaces, Workflow and Discoverer.
- Significant experience with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Specific knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Inventory Management, Procurement systems and processes in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Will be expected to perform a variety of complicated tasks and lead and direct the work of others. Is expected to manage and lead projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance and will need to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding and experience in project management and exposure to project management methodologies are preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Technically proficient.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None at this time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above/below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Manufacturing experience is a definite plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Business or Computer related field and a minimum of 10 years equivalent work experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and
respond to questions from upper management, groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or scheduled form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.