Manufacturing Engineer II
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$73,125 – $121,875 a year
Work is involved with the development of methods and processes to implement product manufacturing in the most cost-effective manner, subject to product quality and process safety. Works under minimum supervision. May act as lead on some projects and guide lower-level engineers and technicians
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods while implementing or improving work cells.
- Mains and creates process documentation.
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluates products according to specification and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for supervisor for management decisions.
- Confers with supervisor and other manufacturing engineers regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering from a four-year accredited college and 3 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Is able to draw solutions from both formal training and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
Able to draw solutions from a wider range of experience.
Proficient with MS Office software and Solidworks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.