CNC Machinist (Second Shift)
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$48,000 – $72,000 a year
Sets up and operates manual and numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metal workpieces to specifications by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Develops/Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine, positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Down loads part programs from Machine Shop program storage computer to machine controls based on production schedules.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Suggests program and machining and fixture changes to improve Quality and Production requirements.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor or lead person of discrepancies.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Machines materials other than metal such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
- Feeds or removes metal, plastic, or other stock and material from machines.
- Deburrs and cleans parts as required.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Trade School certificate in the machining field or 15 to 20 years related machine shop experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as: blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write basic reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms while working on the department machines and using precision measuring equipment. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb and balance, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Must be able to use and read precision measuring equipment.
- Must be able to operate all basic machine shop manual and CNC equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees.
- Knowledge of all machine shop equipment.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.