Sets up and operates conventional and numerical (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
- Studies blueprints, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and material on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of units to ensure functionality and performance.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints.
- Must be able to use and read precision measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of machine shop equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees.
- Trade School certificate in the machining field or 15 to 20 years related machine shop experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Trade School certificate in the machining field or 15 to 20 years related machine shop experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PTI has Federal Defense contracts and must abide by the ITAR laws because of this all candidates must be a US Person.