PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$58,125 – $96,875 a year
Buyer II manages med-complex procurement of goods and services to support production and leads New Product Introduction (NPI). This position performs purchasing function by assigned commodity, in addition to requisitions, Request for quote/proposal, analysis of bids, and preparation of purchase orders. Work requires effective communications with suppliers and internal customers. Work is performed under supervision of Purchasing Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Manage assigned complex commodities by executing MRP action messages timely
- Prepares and distribute RFQ and manages the award to qualified, responsible, and responsive sources of supply
- Establishes source selection criteria for evaluation of quotations including target pricing and evaluates quotations received from prospective suppliers
- Negotiates best terms, (price, delivery, terms of sale) in accordance with PTI objectives, policies, and procedures
- Implements formal and legal contractual documentation into the purchase orders, encompassing all corporate and government requirements
- Manage Supplier performance to contract, e.g. On Time Delivery, Non-conforming goods, etc.
- Monitor, report, and manage metrics e.g. spend analysis, inventory turns, PPV, etc. for or assigned commodity
- Continually assess market conditions to identify, recommend, and carry out supply chain management strategy
- Lead initiatives in cost reduction, quality improvement, and lead time reductions
- Collaborate and support other departments needing SC’s support, e.g. Quality- audit, NC/RTV communication to suppliers, Engineer- NPI, ECO/ERD communication to suppliers, Accounting- Invoice discrepancies, etc.
- Maintains current and accurate purchase order data in the purchasing system (e.g. delivery dates, pricing, change orders)
- Ensures compliance to government laws, regulations and procurement policies and procedures Identifies problem areas, initiates corrective action and establishes problem resolution dates in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university with 1 year experience; or >3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write professional reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate business formulas, such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Proficient in MS Office programs, typing, excellent research skills, ERP experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collect information and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional supplier or internal customer situations; Respond promptly to their needs; Solicit feedback to improve service; Respond to requests for service and assistance; Meet commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintain confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting; Keep emotions under control; Remain open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; Respond well to questions; Participate in meetings.
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meet needs; Present numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Give and welcome feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests. Actively participate to meet group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions; Display orientation to profitability; Align work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness – Work within approved budget; Develop and implement cost saving measures; Contribute to profits and revenue; Conserve organizational resources.
- Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; inspires the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goals and values; benefit organization through outside activities; Support affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgement – With supervisory assistance is willing to make decisions; usually exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Make timely decisions.
- Motivation – Meets goals set by management; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to work as necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.