Assembly / Product Test Tech I
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$36,000 – $54,000 a year
To assemble and test basic filter assemblies and components; along with performing other basic sub-assembly procedures and equipment maintenance under supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following, other Duties may be assigned)
- Follows all written and verbal instructions to carry out assigned work, to form sub-assemblies and filter assemblies, working from blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Operates a variety of mechanical and small precision hand tools to hand work parts and sub-assemblies for final assembly. Assembles bushings, pistons, button assemblies, housing springs and valves. Performs required repair or rework of assemblies or sub-assemblies, disassembling, and rebuilding sub-assemblies or units, as needed.
- Learn to check indictors, modules, assemblies for alignment and make final adjustments taking whatever corrective action is required. Uses precision measuring instruments.
- Is qualified to perform the duties listed below, for level I to acceptable quality while meeting or exceeding all time standards per function:
- Perform other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 0-3 years related experience in assembly or industrial background preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical instructional. Must be able to follow directions for assembly and inspect own work. Ability to use basic hand tools and work with small parts. Will train incumbent on all aspects of job, if willing and able to learn.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as blueprints, technical instructions, test procedures, safety rules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak and understand English effectively.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in English in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to work in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.