Aerospace Cell Leader
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$40,000 – $60,000 a year
Utilizing blueprints, routers and other associated documentation, an Aerospace cell leader must be able to set up, operate and monitor all equipment used to manufacture parts assigned to the cell or cells under his/her responsibility. This ability will initially be tested through a two-part practical test: Part (1;) a technical test, in which he/she will be required to set up and run the various equipment located in a cell and Part (2; a) a process test, where he/she will have to demonstrate knowledge in the manufacture of a part utilizing using the correct process for the specific part. Aerospace Cell Leaders will be tested at least annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform First Article Inspection in all the operations required during the manufacturing process.
- Schedule work in a cell or cells based on job requirements and delivery dates.
- Understand and follow drawings and routers related to jobs scheduled.
- Understand and apply Quality requirements related to jobs scheduled.
- Set up and run all equipment located in the cell or cells.
- Identify problems with any equipment located in the cell or cells and be capable of communicating the problem to the appropriate person responsible for fixing it.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all the manufacturing processes required to build a part.
- Demonstrate the correct use of hand tools and fixtures required in building a part.
- Know how to set up and use the inspection tools required to build a part.
- Understand and demonstrate the need to meet the manufacturing standard for a part and request adjustments if appropriate.
- Maintain all the working areas clean per 5S requirements.
- Train the workers under his/her responsibility in all the items described above when applicable.
- Complete all required paperwork for all work orders.
- Provide leadership to all workers within the cell or cells to ensure company goals are being met and company rules are being followed.
- All instruction within a cell or cells must be in English since all routers, instructions and blueprints are in English.
- Provide disciplinary recommendations for any employee with the cell or cells when company rules and not being followed.
Must currently be an Operator III or IV.
Also, an Operator II can apply for the position as long as the production floor lead, the production manager and the HR director agree that the employee has the experience required and the experience can be demonstrated by completing the two-part test discussed above.
Read, speak and write in English. Effective communication, written and oral is imperative
Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; calculate and apply percentage, area, weight and volume into practical situations.
Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve practical problems and address a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally required to stand, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and speak or hear simultaneously. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 Lb and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 Lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit your Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.