Test Engineer II
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$60,000 – $90,000 a year
Test Engineer with entry/mid-level development experience in the Aerospace industry to join the PTI team. Performs testing relative to the development or production of new products and/or modifications to existing products. Develops test procedures and prepares test reports reflecting personal analysis of test results. Designs test devices as required to conduct tests and develop related documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops test procedures and performs tests according to specifications and customer requirements.
- Organizes and prepares test reports and reviews test data.
- Evaluates mechanical and electrical requirements, design and customer specifications and other data necessary to establish criteria for the development of tests within the overall capability of existing facilities and technology.
- Confers with supervisor concerning schedules and workload; maintains communication with the assigned group to assure positive direction and control; prepares reports to supervision pertaining to progress, schedules, workload and proposed improvements or recommendations.
- Operates all types of mechanical and electronic test equipment and instrumentation to perform tasks.
- Designs test fixtures and electrical devices required for tests.
- Write programs for performing tests and analysis of test data collected.
- May prepare pricing quotes and proposals. Performs specification reviews and failure analysis as required.
- Knowledge and experience with aerospace product development efforts.
- Hands-on experience with integrating test articles and sub-assemblies for tests.
- Maintain and manage test equipment and test schedule.
- Lead the troubleshooting effort to resolve test discrepancies.
- Develops test procedures and prepares test reports reflecting personal analysis of test results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a similar field.
- Overall knowledge of electro/mechanical theory and working knowledge of testing practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Highly self-motivated and a willingness to make a difference.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different departments.
- Skill in various types of hand and machine tool operation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products such as Excel, Word, etc…
- Knowledge of CAD (Solidworks, Pro-E).
- Knowledge of programming (LabView, C++, VBA) and/or application development.
- Ability to learn and adapt to unfamiliar demands or requirements.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of hydraulics and operation.
- Understanding of electrical schematics and wiring.
- Knowledge in MIL-STD, RTC, ISO, etc.
- Skill in high-pressure plumbing and tube fitting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.