Punch Press Setup / Operator
PTI Technologies – Oxnard, CA
$40,000 – $60,000 a year
Responsible for the production of fabricated sheet metal parts using Punch Presses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews time standards and makes necessary adjustments to manufacturing work instructions and WDS database.
- Prepares and updates manufacturing work instructions as required.
- Responsible for regular maintenance and repair of all equipment in the department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Set up die
- Set-up Material
- Operate shop equipment
- Responsible for Shear Material and Deburr
- Sand parts to size
- Coordinate Tool Maintenance
- Identifies tooling requirements to meet schedules and insure tooling is available for production.
- Participates in process improvement efforts with Manufacturing Engineering and Supervision.
- Training of staff
- Ensures machinery and equipment are operational.
- Ability to perform activities of workers supervised.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Ensures all work priorities are met.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem-Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school; and 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, CNC Pro Machine Programming software; WDS modules related to the receipt, storage, issuance, and shipment of materials and products. Manufacturing software; Excel Spreadsheet software and MSWord Word Processing software.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of machine shop practices and techniques including the ability to set up machines, inspect and make necessary adjustments to machines and tooling as required. Familiarity with CAD/CAM software programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401K Matching (3%)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Time (PTO)
- Vacation Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Submit Resume Here by Selecting Human Resources Department
PTI Technologies is a world leader in highly-reliable filtration and fluid control equipment and subsystems and miniature CAD/PAD devices. Our product portfolio, used in hydraulics, fuel, thermal management, lubrication, bleed air, environmental air/cabin air, water systems, ejection seats, fire suppression, escape slides, missiles and munitions, is a direct result of our extensive engineering design experience and customer obsession. PTI provides innovative, value-added solutions for a full range of mission, flight and life-critical operations across the Aerospace and Defense markets.