Manager, Business Development- Industrial Sales
Responsible for all phases of the Industrial (Fluid Power and Chemical Process Industry) sales process, and direct Industrial customer accounts. Include personal interface with customers, sales representatives and distributors to manage the sales process and meet defined sales goals. Responsible for the preparation of orders forecasts, marketing plans and the identification of new product and/or market opportunities and the qualification of target accounts. The Manager, Business Development – Industrial will also be expected to provide support and assistance to the Director, Business Development as assigned.
Overall responsibility: for the sales process from account identification, to close of orders and attainment of defined sales goals. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements strategic plans to accommodate corporate goals in conjunction with division senior management initiatives. Assists Director, Business Development in developing overall product line and business strategies.
- Participates in the development of market objectives, strategies, goals, and plans for assigned customers and market segments
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the assigned customer organizations including supplier management / procurement, engineering, program management and leadership involved with selection and use of PTI products
- Understanding and being involved with product definition, development of the specifications, evaluation criteria, decision process and contract award process. Identify new product opportunities and develop detailed product specifications, market analysis product launch campaigns and sales forecasts to support project approval
- Ensuring customer, market and product information is collected in a PTI Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to support the business going forward and communicated internally
- Serve as the single point of contact for the customer in all business matters
- Lead the development and submission of all proposals, pricing and quotations for new business. Work with other functional groups including Engineering, Cost Estimation, Operations, Supply Chain, Contracts or others to determine cost and feasibility of new products/programs
- Provide timely and accurate business and product forecasts (Orders and Sales), reports and status to senior management and other functional departments regarding the products standing in the marketplace, customer trends and issues, and other market events
- Provide annual and long-term sales and orders forecasts for assigned customer accounts and market segments and update monthly. Develop plan and direct efforts to achieve or exceed orders and sales for assigned customer accounts and market segments. Maximize, as much as possible, new order input (bookings) consistent with company profit and ROI goals
- Ensure smooth and timely completion of all contract negotiations with the customers in line with the PTI agreed upon guidance to ensure the maintenance of a continuing smooth business relationship
- Partner with Contracts in negotiations of terms and conditions and other agreements
- Take a leadership role in price negotiations in accordance with guidance from PTI leadership
- Take ownership and accountability to ensure all pricing submitted to the customer is in accordance with guidance from PTI leadership.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A) from four-year College or University. Candidates for this position should possess ten or more years of relevant technical and sales experience with a background in Fluid Power products.
PTI has Federal Defense contracts and must abide by the ITAR laws because of this all candidates must be a US Person.