Director, Human Resources & EHS
Manages, directs and evaluates organization’s programs related to recruitment, development, safety and retention of employees. Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies. Selects appropriate methods and techniques for resolving problems. Knowledgeable of EEO laws, OSHA and Cal-OSHA regulations, general human resources concepts; must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to be responsive and persuasive at all levels of the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other tasks and duties may be required as directed.
- Establish and work within annual department budget.
- Aggressively seek Lean opportunities throughout the company and promote this philosophy with staff members.
- Oversee the development of department goals, objectives, and systems and recommend necessary changes.
- Oversee and monitor the application of annual updates of the compensation program as well perform periodic updates.
- Oversees the updates of job descriptions as necessary.
- Conducts annual salary surveys, maintain merit system guidelines and prepares annual compensation plan
- Works with Executive staff to prepare annual organization plan and PCP compensation plan.
- Monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Assist in the development, recommendation, and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Oversees benefits administration.
- Oversees recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students, and temporary employees.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Educate staff members on company harassment policies and strict enforcement of all company policy.
- Ensures that staff and personnel training plans support company’s short, intermediate and long term objectives.
- Oversee and administer ESCO corporate payroll and ACA reporting
- Prepare/maintain numerous reports for ESCO i.e.; Headcount, Life/AD&D, CBIZ, Census, etc.
- Continue HR education CEU’s yearly per ESCO requirements.
- Oversees new employee orientations; monitors training program, employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Assist all staff—when required—in the areas of adapting to change and company-related, personal development.
- Recruit, train and insure continued developmental tools are available for all management.
- Monitor Human Resources administrative functions – Workers Compensation, employee evaluations, payroll, Disability, FMLA, medical and other benefits.
- Partner with Operations Management in developing programs to increase and maintain associate productivity.
- Monitor employee morale and potential employee relations issues.
- Oversees development and implementation of programs and policies for monitoring and preventing chemical, physical, and biological hazards at the facility.
|· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience.
· SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP Certification desired.
· Working knowledge of OSHA/Cal-OSHA requirements
PTI has Federal Defense contracts and must abide by the ITAR laws, because of this all candidates must be US Persons.